I have actually been loosing sleep over this next project of mine. I am so excited to build my very own tube amplifier. Its pretty my the ultimate DIY project for a guitarist. Meet the holy grail low watt valve amplifier, the Fender 57 Tweed Deluxe right out of the 50's.
Since I sold my Fender Hot Rod, a few years back, I have really missed playing through a decent setup at home and at gigs. I am so sick of struggling with my tone on solid state amps. It was time to solve that problem. I started looking at my options of how I could obtain a decent valve amp. Preferably one that won't break the bank, but still delivery on my needs. I discovered that you can actually buy one of your favorite popular amp models in DIY kit form from various websites. This exciting discovery led caused me to climb into bed quite late over the past few months, as I obsessed over the choices of which amazing amp I would like to build and where parts were available.
I found that I very much like the tone and specifications of the 50's Tweed Deluxe. The amp has has 4 inputs and was designed for use by guitarist and harmonica players. This 15 Watt amp has the right volume range, warm bluesy break-up, dimensions and weight to make it the only amp that I will ever need for any venue. It has the wiring of the famous 5E3 circuit which provides a few basic controls. Which is cool, because I like to keep it simple. There are only a few controls here, but a lot of dynamic tones and overdrive can be achieved when going straight in with only your guitar! However, this amp work very well with stomp boxes too.

Wonderful to have a project like this.
ReplyDeleteThe blog gives one a little insight into your goeters and I am enjoying dipping in.
It is a great idea!
xxx
Thank you maggie! I love doing projects that are beneficial to me or to others. The reason I am so driven to get this project off the ground is because I have a desire for excellent sounding musical gear. I am not in a financial position to buy new gear, but I don't let money stand in the way of what I want. I just allow time to be my friend. The project is coming together slowly, but it's worth it.
DeleteImpressive! I know Oupa and Ouma are blown away by this project of yours! Well done!
ReplyDelete